Friday, January 13, 2012

PLUS SIZE MODEL POSES WITH STRAIGHT SIZE MODEL IN “CONTROVERSIAL” SPREAD



When i first saw the spread that Plus Model Magazine featuring the Beautiful Plus Size Model Katya Zharkova i was taken aback. Not only by the photos but by the statistics on them, that were shockingly true. For example: “Twenty years ago the average fashion model weighed 8% less than the average woman. Today she weighs 23% less.” And also: “Most runway models meet the Body Mass Index physical criteria for Anorexia.” view them here


I use to be Bulimic so i understand the pressures that are put on you as a a teenager even as an adult. I just recently accepted my body as something Beautiful and strong. I remember when i use to throw up all thru highschool because of what people were telling me that i was not beautiful! Most of it came from my own family telling me that no one will ever love me because of my size.  
Which was a lie they made up to hurt me.


We as a society have to stop judging each other based our body size, i saw tons of mean and hurtful comments on these pictures. Some that said that the bigger model is a ugly fat pig or the skinny one is just disgusting and should eat a sandwich.. Its words like that that hurt people, and destroy their Psyche. We must talk to our daughters and sons that they are valuable,perfect  that their self worth is not measured on how much they weigh, but on the content of their Character. 


I found this quote on the Net and give credit to whoever wrote it
“We forget that stretch marks, cellulite and stomach fat is natural. We forget that
we are born human and physically can’t be perfect. We forget that God doesn’t
make us out of plastic and silicone. We forget to be flawed.”
I Hope that Plus Model Magazine message will continually be heard and not be just a flavor of the month. But an ongoing message to everyone in this industry, that what the fashion industry puts out can mess with a young girls or young mans psyche.


Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Fat can be fit! I weigh over 200 lbs., but I walk, do yard work, play golf, have sex, and in general do anything I want. And I have the blood pressure of a teenager, without medications!

    ReplyDelete
  2. call all my big beautiful sisters theirs a new site that sell hot plus size fashions based in Miami www.chocolatekissesboutique.com

    ReplyDelete