Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tired of Water? Read This!

Clean drinking water...not self-evident for ev...Image via Wikipedia
Water is essential for all life forms on this planet,the amount of water covering the earth's surface is a staggering 70 percent, with the remaining 30 percent being covered by land.

Water is of major importance to all living things, in some organisms, up to 90% of their body weight comes from water. Up to 60% of the human body is water, the brain is composed of 70% water, and the lungs are nearly 90% water. Lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water by weight, as is the brain; body fat contains 10% water and bone has 22% water. About 83% of our blood is water, which helps digest our food, transport waste, and control body temperature. Each day humans must replace 2.4 litres of water, some through drinking and the rest taken by the body from the foods eaten.
So follow the link to get more information on how important water is to all of us.

Tired of Water? Read This!
Enhanced by Zemanta


Post a Comment